A wonderful offer or just asking for trouble?

My mom has offered me a wonderful gift.  She has offered, after the baby is born and she has spent her week here with me, to take all THREE of my girls back to her house for a week; giving Peanut, Daddy and I time to bond and adjust.

Sounds divine doesn’t it?

Doodlebug will LOVE it.

Taderbug will LOVE it.

Bubbagirl? Well, it will be her first time away from home.  She was going to go last week but with her teething and such I kept her home.  She’s 21 mths old and has never stayed over night anywhere.

Honestly, I think she’ll be fine.  My mom is fun.  She has dogs, and she’s got a membership to the coolest YMCA EVER!  She has Aunt Mae Mae at her house with baby Emma to play with.  She has a swingset, and a four wheeler, and cake and crafts and…and…and…  yea, my mom’s house is pretty cool.

My concern, is the timing.  I’m worried Bubbagirl will connect being away from me with the arrival of the baby.

So, I need/want your thoughts.  She’s already started to pull away from me and bond closely with other family members.  She’s happy to go out and about with Daddy, my Mom, my in laws.

Is she still too young to even notice? to even care?

Just want some thoughts before I make up mind.

8 thoughts on “A wonderful offer or just asking for trouble?

1. Peggy Brister says:

I’m sure she would do just fine. It would probably be fun for her. You could always let her go and if it doesn’t work out and she freaks out wanting to come home, then you can just get her back.

2. Shay @ Wonderfully Chaotic says:

I think a week seems a little long too. When we first came home from the hospital with my daughter, my son spent the night with my parents so we could get settled. He enjoyed himself and it helped us out a lot.
    I would just try to reassure her and let her know she’s not going to get left out. I would try to help her focus on having a fun trip just for her & the girls. 🙂

3. Neeroc says:

I think it won’t be so bad, it’s not immediately after the baby arrives and your mom will be there for a week first so she’ll be good and used to her. It’s not like baby arrives and she’s whisked away.

4. TaderDoodles says:

Wow, I should pay attention to what I type:) Mom is staying a week, but will only take them back for 4 or 5 days.. if that.
    Since Bubbagirl cried so horribly when they left last time I think she’ll be excited to go this time.
    Thanks for all the great input ladies! I think we’ll let her go for a visit… mom is several hours away but has promised to return her immediately if she shows signs of stress.

5. Sara says:

My oldest had to stay away for two days when we brought my second home because the doctor was worried that he might have chicken pox. He spent the time at my sister’s house with his cousins, and I was more upset about it than he was. I’m sure she’ll be fine, but I can’t promise you will be. 🙂

6. TaderDoodles says:

Mom will be leaving and hubby taking time off to be with us, so I’m thinking I’m going to be pretty tired AND ready to take my household back (as my mom will be here for five days doing it for me which I don’t handle very well).  I really had to learn to accept help and to try and take advantage of any break I could get so that I could be a better mom when the break was over.

I’m relieved that no one has commented that their kids were permenantly traumatized 🙂