My friend Laurie tweeted this morning about her local school system having a Math Blitz Week and how she was going to do the same thing with her kids this week. Being the total copycat mom that I am I have stolen her idea and the school’s idea and am having a math blitz week of our own!
Today, made up some basic addition facts flash cards and practiced them, both grades (3rd and 1st) together. Then we drew a giant number 10 on a piece of art paper and decorated all around it with the many facts that equal ten. The girls earned a tootsie roll for remembering all of them without my help. I pulled out some old workbooks and set Tader up at the kitchen table to work through the fun pages while Doodlebug and I sat on the floor to formally introduce her to multiplication.
My NON math child now knows how to multiply and filled in a multiplication table up to the nines!! I couldn’t be more excited!
Here are some links to the resources we’ll be using this week!
- Worksheets from Busy Teacher Cafe!
- Skip Count Kid Bible Hero Songs
- Math games and worksheets including Tangrams at Apples for the Teacher
- Are you a MathMagician?
- Mini Math Offices! another great resource from Busy Teacher Cafe
- Build your own flashcards and worksheets at Math Fact Cafe
- and of course my favorite standby for all ages and grades : Worksheetworks.com
Won’t you join us!?