Feminine Appeal: Chapter 3, Children

Last week was rough.  60 percent of it was directly related to my crappy self esteem, my own overcritical nature and general belief that nothing I do will ever be good enough.  Intellectually I know that is not right, but that is how it is right now.  The other 40 percent had to do with the chapter we will be discussing this week: “The Delight in Loving Your Children”.
Seven VirtuesThis weeks chapter will be eye opening for me. Rereading it after having two more children. Please join me at the Blog Frog Community to discuss the questions in the back of the book.

Studying "Feminine Appeal" (Carolyn Mahaney) – new series

Seven Virtues
A couple years ago, a friend sent me a book.  She wrote something sweet in the cover.  She knew it would make me mad (the book, not her note).  It did.  I needed it to make me mad.  I needed to have that talk with God and with myself.  It changed me for the better.
Then all this stuff happened.  Layoff. Move. Pregnancy. Foreclosure Pending. Big stuff to me.
I realized what was important when I read this book the first time.  I lost sight of it again when all this stuff happened.
Starting next Sunday I will be reading it again, and posting about it here.  I would LOVE for a few of my readers to join me.  The first time I read it I didn’t work through the discussion questions and might very well avoid them this time if I’m not held accountable for doing them.
Oh yea… the book 🙂
Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother  by Carolyn Mahaney
It is nine chapters. Nine weeks. If you want to know what chapter stung me the most, you’ll have to join me.